Chapter 1-1 The Boy Who Lived
- Mr. Vernon Dursley, director
of a firm called Grunnings, and Mrs Petunia
Dursley live at Privet Drive no.
4, with their son Dudley.
- On his way, to work, Mr. Dursley sees strange events.
- During lunch he hears strangers whispering, catching the name "Potter"
and "Harry", and someone saying You-Know-Who has gone at last.
- At home he suspects they are talking about his nephew "Harry".
- A man arrives in their street late at night. It is Albus Dumbledore. With his Put-Outer
he turns off the street lights. He starts talking to a cat. Suddenly
the cat is gone and Professor McGonagall
is standing in its place.
- They start talking about what happened that day and saying that even
the Muggles must have noticed something is
going on. The muggles had seen flocks of owls and shooting stars; likely
brought about by Dedalus Diggle.
- Dubledore states that the night before, Voldemort turned up in Godric's Hollow to find Lily and James Potter, which are rumoured to be
- Dubledore tells the professor that he came to bring the Potter's son
(Harry) to his aunt and uncle, the Dursleys
- Hagrid turn's up on a motorbike,
borrowed from Sirius Black, bringing Harry.
Harry has a lightning bolt scar on his forehead. They leave him in front
of the Dursleys door.