Chapter 5-10 Luna Lovegood
- Harry has troubled dreams about his parents, Mrs. Weasley, Ron and
Hermione and about a corridor ending in a locked door. Ron wakes him. He, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Fred and George get ready to go to King's Cross to take the Hogwarts Express. Moody prefers to wait till Podmore gets back, otherwise the guard
will be one short to take Harry.
- Sirius goes as Snuffles and together with Moody and Tonks, but without Podmore, they
take Harry to Platform nine and three-quarters.
- Harry says goodby and they get on the train. Fred and George go looking
for Lee, Ron and Hermione to the prefect compartment, and Harry and
Ginny go look for a compartment. They meet Neville and sit down in a compartment
where Luna Lovegood is sitting. She's very
strange. Her wand is behind her ear. She is wearing a necklace of Butterbeer corks and reading a copy of the
Quibbler upside down. She knows Harry but
doesn't know Neville. Ginny tells Luna who Neville is and Luna replies
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure".
- Neville got a Mimbulus mimbletonia for his birthday.
His Great Uncle Archie got it for him from Assyria. Neville
tries to shows the defensive mechanism of the plant and it sprays all
over Harry. At that moment Cho Chang comes in to say hi to Harry.
Ginny cleans up with a ¤ Scourgify.
- About an hour later Ron and Hermione turn up. They tell them that
Draco is also a Prefect, as well as Pansy Parkinson from Slytherin. From Hufflepuff it's Ernie Macmillan and Hanna Abbott and for Ravenclaw it's Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil.
- Harry reads articles from Luna's Quibbler. It has a story about Sirius's
escaping from Azkaban and says that according to Doris Purkiss it may not have been Sirius.
She says Sirius is, in fact, Stubby Boardman, lead singer of The Hobgoblins.
- Another article is about Fudge denying plans to take over Gringotts. There's also an article about
the Tutshill Tornados and one about a
wizard claiming to have flown to the moon on a Cleansweep Six, and an article about
ancient runes and a spell to make somebody's ears turn into kumquats.
- Draco enters with Crabbe and Goyle. Draco says he'll be "dogging
Harry's footsteps". They wonder if he knew Sirius was at King's Cross.
- They arrive at Hogwarts. Professor Grubbly-Plank is picking up first-years.
The coaches to take them have strange horse-like creatures. Ron and Hermione don't see them,
but Luna does. They go into the coaches to the castle.