Chapter 5-23 Christmas on the Closed Ward
- Harry is back at Grimmauld Place. Mrs. Weasley is worried about him.
He thinks he's the weapon Voldemort is after; a way to spy on the Order of the Phoenix.
- Phineas Nigellus appears in his
frame and talks to Harry, who wants to run away. He brings a message
from Dumbledore, telling him to stay where he is. He has another dream
about the corridor, it gets clearer every
time he dreams about it.
- It's Christmas. Hermione has come back from skiing
holiday and talks to Harry. She came on the Knight Bus. He also talks with Ron and Ginny. Ginny tells Harry he's not
being possessed, she knows what it's like from experience.
- For Christmas presents Harry gets a Broom Compass and a homework planner.
From Sirius and Lupin
he got books titled Practical
Defensive Magic and its Use Against the Dark Arts. Sirius seems
more happy then ever. From Hagrid he got a magically protected wallet
with fangs, from Tonks a model of a Firebolt, from Ron Every Flavor Beans,
from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley the usual hand-knitted jumper and some pies
and from Dobby, a painting.
- Fred and George Apparate and tell them their mother is crying
because Percy sent back his gift.
- Harry gave Hermione a book called New Theory of Numerology.
Hermione also has a present for Kreacher and they go to his bedroom to leave
it there. In Kreachers bedroom they see pictures among who one of Bellatrix Lestrange, the glass mended
with Spellotape. Nobody has seen Kreacher lately.
- They go by car to St.
Mungo's and wait in line at the reception, Bill
joins them. Somebody in front of the line is sent to the fourth floor
to Spell Damage. Next they go to Mr. Weasley. He asks if anybody has
seen Healer Smethwyck.
- They have a discussion about Mr. Weasley trying stitches to close
his wound, a muggle remedy, after Trainee Healer Augustus Pye suggested it.
- All but Mrs. Weasley go up to the tearoom on the fifth floor. Some
Healer in a painting is bugging Ron that he's got spattergroit.
- On the Spell Damage floor they see Professor Lockhart and a Healer [named
Miriam Strout] 'invites' them to visit him. The Healer leads
them into the Janus Thickey Ward by unlocking
the door with a ¤ Alohomora.
They go along. The Healer tells them it's their long-term resident ward,
they have been making improvement with Mr Bode who seems to be regaining the power
of speech though not speaking any language they recognis.e Lockhart
talks about his fanmail from Gladys Gudgeon. In a bed opposite they
see a wizard called Broderick mumbling to himself who receives
a potted plant as christmas present. Two
beds further a woman called Agnes is covered in fur.
- Harry sees Neville and his grandmother.
They meet with them both but Neville seems embarrassed. His grandmother
says Neville should be proud of his father Frank and mother Alice.
- When they leave Harry tells the others it was Bellatrix Lestrange
who used the Cruciatus Curse on Neville's parents
untill they lost their minds.